Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Strange venom :Dark Fantasy


The world seemed to slow down for me. 
Time stretched out like an elastic ribbon.
Everyone around me began to move in sluggish, torpid slow motion, as if they were all
underwater or in a labored blood-soaked dream. 
For hours I lay on my back staring sleeplessly at the gleaming stars wheeling
majestically above me. 
Then I saw the faintest, faintest glow of a distant light. Like the flicker of the first star of
evening, so tenuous that I could not be certain it was there at all…

I felt a solid floor beneath my feet, but when I looked down I saw nothing
but tiny pinpoints of light winking in swirling clouds of cold mist that billowed pink and
blue and golden yellow.
I reclined on a bed as soft and yielding as the gentle swells of a becalmed sea, stars
gleaming out of the darkness all around me……
 Darling Who are you? “ I asked..........

The air of the place seethed with intrigue …….
“Where am I ?........................Lightning flickered through the sky, throwing blue-white strobes
of light … Thunder roared and boomed like the voices of the gods
railing against Me….

........................My phone was buzzing and my roommate had just switched on the light




2 comments: