Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dinner- and Again Dinner

The Few Last days have practically been super hectic..From hosting Dinner to attending Dinner...
Well for a Start We ( Me and my Lovely Flatmate ) decided to be a little social to our Neighbours as in Like Inviting ousrelf at their places,No No We never ask that You invite us Its just that Eventually We are :P
Jokes Apart,We had an invitation to a Dinner at home,thats the flat just below our appt,not exactly but yes the ground floor appt,and the tempting smell of Red Thai Fish Curry as I passed by the door while climbing upstairs(We donot have an elevator) Its not multistoreyed appt to justify this,But I guess most of the Bandra's Carter Road places are a bit like this only!Now yes back to the tempting smell of the curry I rushed upstairs to inform my Flat mate that The Dinner seems to be ready...This Neighbour considers himself from Pattaya(Thailand) Well He is very much Indian and Mumbaikar but According to him he has left India sme 10 years back...........Well long Story behind this Neighbour who was a film producer Now a jewellery manufaturer..Well He gave both of us rather a sweet pendant(Charm) .........
Now As The so called Neighbour has proudly proclaimed that he doesnt know Indian Cooking  We had offered to cook steamed rice at our place and When We go there We will take it along with it,So It was kind of We taking along the steamed rice instead of Wine( that gesture of ours saved us from all the trouble of buying a wine) Well ,Sharp 9pm We were at his Door Step with the steamed Rice and I was just too tempted  to eat the Dinner directly.You see travelling from Sion to Bandra is a pain and Well I was actually hungry.........But then We were served Glittering White Wine along with a fantabulous Salad,The theme was Thai and yes everything tasted super Awesome,The Music was my all time favorite classics,yeah I am big hindi oldie fan,I love the songs of S.D Burman and Manna dey...............Nothing like good food,good Music and Good Wine I must add .........
Dinner turned out to be a great affair as We ended up inviting another friend of ours to that dinner,the pretext was that this friend of ours is house hunting in Bandra,(yeah I know its kind worst thing that could happen to you,Finding a good place in Bandra! I had to undergo the trauma for a month but yes I ended up in a lovely Seabird,Carter road Appt........) and the Neigbour is leaving for his pseudo home Pattaya(Thailand) ,that is vacating the bandra appt ...Hence we though of acting the broker and saving this friend of ours a hefty brokerage.Yes the brokerage has always left me broke ,No doubt........
Now No more of cribbing :P I should be back to my Dinner's experience ,So Now a good Dinner followed by walk at 12 in the Night .........Thats the beauty of our place,We have this lovely carter road to ourselves..........and after 12 there is this Coffee,10rs each but the Sheer delight of sipping the coffee amidst the Walk and the Serenity of the Night........Sigh! Well Nothing like it! That was Just a Start,We never knew that the next day We will end up being the Host and the Day after We would dine at Bus Stop/Carter road,Yeah strange In Lemon Grass We had the starters and the Soup.......Though I am not a great fan of spinach dimsums and Sweet Corn Soup but I was way too happy to Complain,It was so that One of school friend has invited me for Dinner just to catch up and I took my flatmate along.......
Then as a sweet gesture We invited him the next day for Dinner and Now The Week only have 5 days,So Our calendars were blocked for dinner literally every day..Comes this Weekend,I find myself hanging out at TOTO's,Now That is an experience I would love to blog about in Detail,TOTO's is a pub -A garage pub but Nothing Like it Again............The Pakodas tastes super awesome and the Sheer Enthusiasm of the crowd.....Loud Music banging and you tend to enjoy the drink keeping all your thoughts aside.........I was not suitably dressed up I guess I was overly dressed up for a place like TOTO's but then I did notice appreciative glances..........



No comments:

Post a Comment